Sunningdale Website School Council Updates
Meeting Minutes and Agendas: Visit this page for archived meeting minutes and agendas. To add an agenda item for consideration to the next council meeting, please forward at least 10 business days prior to the next meeting date at email@example.com. (For example, for October 6 meeting, please forward your item for consideration no later than Monday, September 22).
We are grateful for the support of parent volunteers throughout the school year, who make it easier to provide our children with an incredible school experience. Thank you so much!
Our Mission Statement:
Sunningdale's School Council values and nurtures the diverse culture of our school community. In partnership with parents and school staff, we are dedicated to supporting the social, emotional and academic well-being of our students.
Meeting Minutes and Agendas:
Meeting agendas will be posted a few days prior to the meeting. To add an agenda item for consideration to the next council meeting, please forward at least 10 business days prior to the next meeting date at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Council Executive 2016-2017
School Council Constitution contains information about the purpose, objectives, membership and elections.
This year’s voting members are:
Chair: Ronald Rameshnauth
Secretary: Tara Lopes
Treasurer: Rachel Monaco
Non-teaching/Community Rep: Cathy Pezzack, Head Secretary
Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) Representative: Anita Ashton
Communications: Mari Iromoto-Kneizeh
Volunteer Coordinators: Rachele Fiore
Fundraising Coordinators: Meredith Burke, Rachele Fiore, Vicki Graham
Members at large: Alexandra D’Cunha, James Elwick, Louise Gleeson, Pam Quesnel
Principal: Loui Silvestri (non-voting)
Vice-Principal: Amanda Di Roma (non-voting)
Teacher Representative: Jane Thompson
2016/2017 Council Meetings – 7:00 p.m. in the library
School council has three main areas of focus:
1) to promote parental involvement in education
2) to advise school administration and the school board on a wide range of issues and
3) to fundraise for school enhancements.
In 2015/2016, School Council fundraising supported the following initiatives and resources:
- Aerial Climbing/Jungle Sport (Grades 1-8)
- Butterfly kits
- Carnaval belts and supplies
- Classroom salmon hatchery
- Document cameras
- DreamAcres materials (e.g., mulch, new trees, pruners etc.)
- DreamBox online math resource subscription (Grades 1-6)
- Dry erase boards (individual size) for students
- Grade 8 Graduation awards and venue
- iPad for Art room
- Levelled readers for At-Home reading programs (English and French)
- Levelled readers for classrooms and Literacy rooms (English and French)
- Library reading ottomans
- Library mats
- School Talent Show
- Recess playground equipment
- ROM travelling eduation kits
- Science resources
- Seeds and soil for learning gardens
We had a busy and productive year and School Council would like to thank Sunningdale's students, teachers, administration, the many volunteers who helped throughout the year and Sunningdale families for supporting our fundraising efforts that have made these contribtions possible. Merci beaucoup!
Any Questions or Suggestions?
Your valuable input is always welcome. Please contact Council Chair at: email@example.com